January 26, 2010 § Leave a comment
North East Photography Network yesterday released the details of its first major event, ‘Photography (w)here?‘, a two day symposium and portfolio review.
“Explore some of the pressing issues facing contemporary photographers and share some of your ideas with our panel of leading curators, editors and practitioners. What new opportunities exist for photographers? What are the pitfalls and how can we sustain our professional practices in the current economic climate? How are new photographic practices being supported and disseminated?“
Symposium, Saturday 12th March: Photographer Sarah Pickering will be the key-note speaker. The round-table discussion will be chaired by Alessandro Vincentelli, Curator, Baltic.
Portfolio Reviews, Saturday 13th March: An exciting opportunity for one-to-one conversations with reviewers of your choice. Each review will last approximately 20 minutes, and booking is essential.
- Camilla Brown, Senior Curator, The Photographers’ Gallery, London
- Malcolm Dickson, Director Street Level Photoworks, Glasgow
- Patrick Henry, Director, Open Eye Gallery, Liverpool
- Greg Hobson, Curator of Photographs, National Media Museum
- Marc Prüst, Freelance Photography Consultant and Curator, Paris
- Alistair Robinson, Programme Director, NGCA, Sunderland
- and others TBC
Venue: The Mining Institute, Neville Hall, Westgate Road, Newcastle, NE1 1SE
Admission to the symposium is free, but booking in advance is essential.
Portfolio Reviews cost £5 per session. For more information, follow this link.